ALMEDA FIRE RESOURCES:
Here is a collection of ways to help and receive help that we have been sent by the Rogue Valley community.
- This Google document has so much information, updated regularly, in one place for those wanted to give and those looking gifts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q_6FQIXy-u-xM9_7x95IEv9tAf2gbKRrHsDOCHac5k4/edit
- Here is a list of GoFundMe pages consolidated to one Google doc: https://almedafiredonations.com/?fbclid=IwAR0YlFdC4RCJcifVgMKnZjbQQYW6q5jqdHDOW9v5Sxlbd31DxF8qISHmDik
- Click here to sign up to join the “Grocery Brigade.” They are providing groceries and a hot meal upon entering a new housing situation for displaced folks: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSehgSlLoMzNk_8Kyr8qrjBpFOhFBMYY-l7azcg_rKw8Z_182Q/viewform
- To sign up to be a part of Rogue Valley Fire Mutual Aid or to receive aid: https://almedafiredonations.com/?fbclid=IwAR0YlFdC4RCJcifVgMKnZjbQQYW6q5jqdHDOW9v5Sxlbd31DxF8qISHmDik
- For information about from a team of folks who are already planning the rebuild of Talent and Phoenix: https://tinyurl.com/y28q4r5x
- If you would like to sign up to be a part of the rebuilding after the fire team, sign up here: https://tinyurl.com/yxtuedku
Donate $ to Funds:
- Southern Oregon Fire Relief – via Rogue Credit Union www.roguecu.org/community/donate
- United Way Fire Fund http://www.unitedwayofjacksoncounty.org/give/
- Unete Oregon http://uneteoregon.org/donate/
- NW Seasonal Workers → $$ can be mailed to 203 N Oakdale Ave, Medford, OR 97501
- Rogue Valley Relief Fund – http://bit.ly/rvrelief
- Family Nurturing Center Fund https://familynurturingcenter.org/covid-19-response-relief-support/
- SOEquity Fire Fund https://www.soequity.org/fire-relief
- Shelter Farm workers hurt by Fires (via Our Family Farms) https://www.ourfamilyfarms.org/farmworker_housing_fund?fbclid=IwAR1wLTrODx67_rsTl174rtJDK1oGslHuU-RSS_PQtQvDRx2IEma1e2vWzgI
- Students & Families via Ashland Schools Foundation — text ASSIST to 72572
- Fund to help the families from Phoenix-Talent School District → Phoenix Talent Fire Relief Fund, PO Box 937, Medford, OR 97501 (Please make checks payable to: Jackson County School District #4)
- Fund to help the families from Phoenix-Talent School District → Orchard Hill Elementary at 1011 La Loma Dr. in Medford, and drop your cash/gift card donation there.
- Almeda Fires Latinx Relief Fund/Fondo De Alivio Latino De Los Incendios Almeda, organized by Niria Alicia: https://tinyurl.com/y59dt6wa (or through Venmo: @niriaalicia or @ericalexia).
If you would like to volunteer at one of the distribution centers, most of the them could use help organizing donations and supporting the folks who come to collect goods. Just show up and ask how you can help! Here are a few:
Ashland: El Tapatio restaurant
Medford: Living Waters @ 360 E Jackson Street
Central Point: Jackson County Expo
*There are many other sites, you can see the first spreadsheet for more locations and specific item donations needed – most locations are inundated with clothes (except new underwear and socks), but hold onto them for upcoming rounds; there will continue to be need for some time.
Many folks are sleeping in their cars at Home Depot, Target and Walmart and could use gas money to get to the distribution centers. Going there directly with food and money would be an amazing gift!
What is Ashland Works?
Ashland Works facilitates the reinvigoration of Ashland as a forward-looking, diverse, and vibrant place to live, work, and celebrate life. Ashland is intimately woven with neighboring communities and seeks partnerships to extend our impact to serve their needs using what we learn in our town.
The mission of our first project, the Leadership Innovation Lab, is to empower and support the next generation of community-minded learners and local entrepreneurs as they work together on projects that benefit all community members.
Landscape photograph provided by Grayson Soldahl.